Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kea

Crafty, thieving, little buggers.  Alpine parrots and the coolest birds I've ever met.  Yeah, met.  They were full of personality.



    
Yeah, yeah, we climbed some mountain in New Zealand.  ALPINE PARROTS!  There are parrots that live on mountain tops in New Zealand!  And steal your things.

Look at that face.  He's telling you to step away from your pack.  Aren't I a lovely bird, yes, photograph me, pay no attention to the Kea sneaking up behind you.  


Seriously, I can't remember the mountains name.  It had some name like "Mount Lovely-View" or 
"Mount Fair-Weather." "Mount Holy &%@ Alpine Parrots, HEY! Give me back my hiking pole!"


Seriously, out-smarted by a bird.  Yes, yes photograph me, and all of a sudden, sh*t, it has wings, it's going for your pack!  They didn't take anything from us.  Successfully.  But one guy had his camera bag stolen.  If you go hiking in the southern alps: watch your stuff.  There are thieves with wings.


Sorry, this is a lazy post.  The point is the Kea Photos.  Neat birds.  Not much more to say, easy summit in Arthurs Pass, South Island.  I could have spent hours on top photographing the Kea, but we had a waterfall to hike to next.


No comments:

Post a Comment