Saturday, January 12, 2013

Change

2012 was a year of huge change for me.  New job, new state, new boyfriend.  Soon, I'll be migrating www.brewtourist.com over to here.

BrewTourist was a frustrating battle between the ex and I.  It was supposed to be my project.  The day I came up with the name, and concept, he jumped and registered it.  To himself, uh *for* me.  But I had no say in anything.  Oh, like I'd expect a say.  He loved drupal.  Wanted a project, so that was that, I was using drupal.  Whether I liked it or not, and I was pretty vocal about not liking it.  It was probably more than a year before I was even given ftp access to upload my banner image.  Finally the site was looking close to how I'd like it, when for many reasons I got fed up and pulled the plug on the relationship.

Why would I think I'd be allowed to take my domain?  Move the site elsewhere?  No no, I'll *never* find a cheap option to host it, he told me.  He'll do me this favor and keep it for me.  Whether I like it or not.  So here we are.  Blogspot seemed like the easiest option.  Maybe I'll figure out how to sort and organize it as well as it finally was.  Maybe I won't.  But either way its mine.  Mine.  Like it should have been from day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment